Monday, March 23, 2009

I finished reading this translated book by Ichikawa Takuji (市川拓司) in one day.
To say it’s fabulous is definitely an understatement.
In fact, I watched the movie before. Twice in cinema and another time in Brisbane during winter break.
It’s a simple story with simple characters. Too few of them if you must say.
I like the story plot and how the writer carefully described the feelings involved: the parent that hate to but had to leave, the golden-haired child that self-reproached, the lonesome elder, and even the dog that has been taken away its ability to bark. I can almost imagine the wrecked #5 factory, the 4-petals leaves bush, the flower, the rain. The rain that brought Aio Mio from her 21 years old to her 29 years old (which she had passed away then) to be with her son Aio Yuji and her husband.
Probably it’s the time travel plot that interest me, the same thing as the movie The Lakehouse with the space travel plot. It might be that I secretly hope that things as such will happen.
The book/ movie – いま、会いにゆきます (translated – Be With You or 现在,很想见你)
If you have forgot when is the last time you feel truly touched, I suggest you this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment